Sunday 27 September 2015

AAA Cards - Word Play

It's time for another fun challenge at AAA Cards and this week, we are playing with words!

I don't know about you but I often focus on the "image" on a card and the sentiment is almost an afterthought. This is the challenge to reverse that thinking and make the sentiment the star of the show. Here is what I came up with:



My card uses a Memory Box die and foil. I bought the big variety pack of foil a while back but haven't really used it as much as I though I would - that being said, I really love the "rainbow" foil that came in  the pack and I thought that it would be really fun to use with the die to create this card. It took me a while to figure it all out - and it took a lot longer to do the card but I think that it was worth it - I love the look of the finished card. I used a piece of BeCreative double sided adhesive sheet and added the foil directly to one side. I then die cut the "adhesive foil" and carefully left everything in the die so I could remove the backing from each letter (this was the time consuming part!). I then laid the cardstock against the die so the letters stuck to the cardstock. I think that if I were to try this technique again, I would use a less intricate die!

So now it's your turn to play with words and have some fun with us at AAA Cards! For inspiration, make sure you check out the rest of the DT cards - there are some very fun and clever ideas!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, striking and inspirational Jill!
    Had to dash across as soon as I saw this to check out how you'd done it and it's certainly worth all the hard work. Simply brilliant. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely amazing, actually lost for words to describe how fabulous I think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous. I love how that rainbow foil looks with that die. I can imagine how time consuming it was, but the look is totally worth it. Better send this one to a fellow card maker who will truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous. I can't imagine the tedious work it took to make this happen, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!! I always wonder how that foil works, but it looks stunning. I'm going to go look for some and give this a try.
    Gorgeous card, some lucky recipient will be thrilled to receive it.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow colours make this card so special...stunning card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might have been time consuming, Jill, but this card was so worth it! Gorgeous shimmery rainbow hues ... so eyecatching and lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this turned out stunningly. So simple but really packs a punch impact wise. Did you use a shim in the die cutter? Sometimes that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this turned out stunningly. So simple but really packs a punch impact wise. Did you use a shim in the die cutter? Sometimes that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fab idea, I love your card. I'm entering this challenge for the first time!

    ReplyDelete