Sunday 10 April 2016

AAA Cards #62 - Anything Goes

It's another challenge at AAA Cards and this fortnight - Anything Goes!


We have an amazing sponsor for this challenge - Happy Little Stampers has very generously offered a $20 gift voucher to their store!!!!!


Picture


And here's my card:


The story behind this card is that I made the panel well over a year ago and I can't quite remember all the details - it has been sitting beside my craft desk all this time waiting to be completed and I finally did it! The stamp is by Dina Wakely and the stencil (for the embossing paste across the bottom) is from Dyan Reaveley. I think that I used Inktense pencils for the watercolouring but I am 100% sure of it. To complete the card, I trimmed down the panel and added the white embossed sentiment (W plus 9) to it. I then used a little bit of patterned paper and a strip of glitter tape to the card base before popping the card panel on top. So easy - I can't believe it too me so long to do it!

So now it's your turn to play along and link up your CAS creation to AAA Cards!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous effect with the multi coloured outline round the bird, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing added to the bottom and those colours are so pretty! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really striking card. Love the muted colours behind the non coloured bird...really works beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your rainbow BG Jill and a stunning CAS-tastic card. What a little cutie that bird is too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Story of my craft desk Jill! I have a little pot full of stuff I made and didn't do anything with!! I'm glad you used it , the background is really pretty. And that bird is tweet! (Groan)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So striking how you left the birs white! Beautiful card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo Jill, I really love this. I also love when you have a piece that's been sitting forever, and it finally comes to life in a project. Love the different colors around the bird. That bit of embossing is perfect, and the strips down the side are the prefect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing at the bottom & how you colored around the bird rather than the bird itself--great card!

    ReplyDelete