Sunday 18 February 2018

A Few Cards to Share

It has been almost 6 months since I entered any cards into challenges - so I thought I would catch up today ;)

The first card that I am sharing is for the Merry Monday Challenge where the theme is stencils:


I went really non-traditional with this card - I decided to use a blank card that I had in my stash - it measured 9 1/4" x 3 7/8" and I thought it would work perfectly with the Neat and Tangled Tree Duo stencil. I sponged a few different Hero Arts inks through the stencil, and then spread some Nuvo glitter paste over the blue trees. I coloured some gems with Copics and added them to the tops of the non-glittery trees and finished the card with a W&W sentiment across the bottom. I am not happy with how it photographed but I love how it looks in real life with all the sparkle and shine.


The next card that I made is for the Inkspirational Challenge where the challenge is to use an aperture on the card: 




For this card, I stamped the Indigo Blu Color Me Dahlia stamp on the card base. I used my Misti and stamped in light ink to colour it with Copics. After colouring, I put it back in the Misti and stamped the image again in Versafine Onyx Black ink to get nice crisp lines. I also spritzed the image with shimmer spray. I die cut a large square aperture in the card front and stamped the Clearly Besotted greeting on it. I then die cut a slightly smaller gold foil square opening to layer behind the aperture. I mounted the whole card front on a layer of foam tape to give it some dimension.

My last cards are for the Twofer Challenge:


For these cards, I used the heart stamp from Winnie & Walter's True set (one of my all-time faves). The first card was the Valentine's Day card that I made for my husband. I applied some embossing paste to the card base using the MFT little triangles stencil. I then stamped the hearts onto some watercolour paper with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed them with black embossing poweder. I coloured them using Brushos in a variety of colours, and then cut them out. I mounted them onto the card base using foam tape to give them some dimension. The MFT greeting was white embossed onto the black strip and also foam mounted to finish it off.

The second card is a Birthday card. I stamped the hearts repeatedly in a circle onto the card panel - I was trying to make a mandala-like shape but I think it came out more like a flower. I coloured the shape with my Copics - I couldn't resist doing a rainbow ;)  I die cut a black circle and added the white embossed Birthday greeting (Winnie & Walter -Sentimental:Birthday). I trimmed down the card panel, added a strip of Tim Holtz silver glitter washi to the bottom and foam mounted it onto a card base that had been decorated with some black and white striped DP.






So that is the end of my long post :)  - thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill




10 comments:

  1. Very nice cards! Nice take on the Merry Monday challenge. I really like that red flower, so pretty. Those hearts look really nice the way you colored them and the way you arranged them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Jill, looks like you have been having fun. I love the non traditional colours of Xmas cards-so right up my street. And wow to your card for Ink-what rich colouring, stunning. Well as for your twofer cards-amazing take and so very creative. Love you joined us at Ink and just marvelled at all your cards today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the non-traditional colors of your stenciled trees. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An array of lovely cards! I particularly like how you colored that bold flower hidden in the aperture. Thanks for sharing with us a Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah so glad you came back to challenge!!! Love love love each project~I am a fan of W&W True too, and your cards are magnificent~

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are stunning, Jill! It's so good to see you back and I really appreciate that you chose Twofer as one of the challenges you wanted to play in! Thank you! You really rocked the concept with these two fantastic designs! Your Valentine for hubby has brilliant color and dimension and texture and I love how your focus pocus is coming in from the side! And I love your square mandala-flower birthday card in the vibrant rainbow colors with the awesome border! The black sediment panels with white embossing really looks sharp against the colors!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you jumped back into card challenges like a champ! Two fantastic cards for the Twofer challenge, Jill! Your Valentine has such a great design and I love the addition of the embossing paste! I love the rainbow of bright colors all connecting to a round center with a great sentiment on your birthday card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post, Jill, all these cards are amazing!! I love your cards for the Twofer challenge, so colorful, detailed yet CAS and stunning!! Love the rainbow look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a wonderful frosty look to those cool Christmas trees, Jill ... the crisp lines are a great contrast to the curvy scripty sentiment! I recognise that gorgeous dahlia ... it's lovely seeing it on your blog ... and even better admiring it IRL sitting on our mantel! Luscious Twofer cards ... brilliant background texture on that wonderful brusho coloured valentine ... and who can resist the rainbow mandala-bloom, gorgeous detailed colouring, so delicious against the crisp white! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards and the heart flower is stunning.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete