Thursday 24 May 2018

TIME OUT #110 - Photo Inspiration

Our TIME OUT challenge this fortnight is a Home Sweet Home Photo Inspiration challenge using this photo:



What a fun picture - I was totally inspired by that fun and funky wallpaper - and this is what I came up with:


I used Altenew's Simple Flowers in different ink colours - trying to mimic the flower colours in the wallpaper. I fussy cut them out with a small white border. I used a dark grey card base and panel - again trying to mimic the wallpaper. I die cut a large circle in the panel and then embossed it with a Taylored Expressions embossing folder to add some texture. The Concord and 9th greeting was white heat embossed on the card base before the panel was added with foam tape to the base. I then added the flowers using more foam tape - there is a ton of dimension in this card!

Our sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers - they are offering the winner a $20 gift voucher!

Our incredibly talented guest designer for this challenge is Ksenija from Sweet Kobylkin - her designs are so beautiful and her colouring is beyond words so we are thrilled to have her join us for this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

10 comments:

  1. Gosh I seem to have missed the dark background of the wall paper-how annoying! I love how this works as such a contrast to the bright a cheerful colours of the flowers, I always love to see contrast like this. Gorgeous design also x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ... we were both inspired by the same thing, Jill ... yet came up with such different designs! Those cool, funky looking blooms are gorgeous clustered at the edge of the aperture ... and I love how the sentiment really pops against the stylish grey! Fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love your inspiration from the photo, its so beautiful and just amazing to see what others see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, what a cheerful card you made. Yes! The wallpaper design is highly inspiring. Love your bright abstract florals against neutral background. Thank you so much for having me as a GD for this challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those gorgeous pops of color against the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is so cool that some saw kraft, some saw taupe and you saw gray in the wallpaper background. I love these inspiration challenges! Your card is wonderful, Jill. Love those funky flowers and the colors you chose... great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, and very inspirational take on the photo. Love how you did your modern flowers, and the grey is a lovely foil against the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really made the colours pop! Like the frame that you used and how it is CAS by using the same colour for the background. Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cards with dimension and this one looks especially fab! The grey base really makes the colorful flowers pop. I also love the layout you created, the circle window was a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! In fact, I love your use of the inspiration way more than I like that wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete