Saturday 24 July 2021

Twofer - PB Birds on a Wire DIe

 Just popping in to share a couple of cards I was inspired to create for the (almost not!) current Twofer Challenge - the theme is birds and both cards use the Penny Black Birds on a Wire die - an old favourite from my stash :) 


The first card uses the die intact inlaid on an ink blended background and framed with a Hero Arts Infinity frame. The birds are cut from a charcoal glitter paper (I know it looks strange in the photo) and the sentiment is from a Gina K set.



For the second card, I die cut the same birds from a satiny red cardstock but I cut them off their wire. More ink blending for the background, topped with this fabulous Memory Box die - and then the birds and a few clear gems. I was actually inspired to add a thread nest behind the sentiment with some silver thread (I haven't done that in a hot minute!) for an additional finishing touch.


I had a really hard time capturing the red in the photos - so here is a close up....


I will be linking up to the following challenges:






Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Jill! I LOVE the blended backgrounds you created. The Memory Box die cut is so pretty. The gems are perfect accents. I am so glad you shared with Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome designs, Jill! Love the birds on the wire with the fantastic background! The slimline card has a lovely background too and I love how the birds are perched on the die cut! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two FABULOUS cards Jill!! Your ink blending on both cards is wonderful, and I love how cut the birds off the wire for your slimline Christmas card...great way to use the die differently!! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen of ombre blending, Jill! Both your backgrounds are fantastic. I love how you used the lineup of birds in the traditional way, cut from glitter paper for your encouragement card. And then how clever to cut them off the wire and turn them into cardinals from your festive Christmas card! Perfect finishing touch with the nest! Thank you for playing in TCC #40! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous birds Twofer, Jill. Both cards are awesome. I like backgrounds on both cards. The die cut is fabulous. The use of whole image is wonderful and cutting birds for the second card is a great idea. Thank you for joining us at TCC #40. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fie and you made two stunning cards with it! Love the blue for the colour and the orange because it has such a great summer-feeling! Hope you are enjoing the summer! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beauties, Jill. Love the black glittery paper for your inlay. Love that silvery nest and die cuts for the second. Great to see you at Festive Friday. Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab Jill. Love that charcoal glitter and what a cool background. And I do like the red too and what a fun idea to use the thread as a nest-sending crafty hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for linking you beautiful card up to the current Festive Friday Challenge. i love the ombre effect of that ink blended background.

    ReplyDelete