Thursday 31 December 2020

TIME OUT #178 - Life in the CIty

Our final TIME OUT challenge for 2020 is a fun one - we want to see projects focused on Life in the City using an optional twist of blending or sponging.



Our sponor for this challenge is Birch Press Designs - they are offering the winner of a random draw a $20 gift voucher to their store :)



We have gone into another lockdown so we definitely won't be ringing in the new year in the city - it will be sushi and champagne at home to celebrate leaving 2020 behind us :)


For my card, I decided to use the (older) Mama Elephant Sightseeing stamp set since it makes me think of the city. I also decided to make it into a slider card - I think this might be the first slider card that I have made so it took some time to figure it all out. I did do the optional twist of sponging a cloudy background behind the bridge (hard to see in the light of the photo) using the MFT mini cloud stencil and some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. The road was created using some border stamps from my stash.



And the slider reveal....



Our guest designer for this challenge is the fabulous Joy from Handcrafted By Joy - we are thrilled to have her join us :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy new year!

Jill



4 comments:

  1. Great sky and great slider (not a kind of card I ever made)! Feels like a busy day in the city! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great retirement card and fab take on the challenge. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow look at you.....being super fun and creative to end the year!! Love, love you made this a slider and I say that is a London Bus!! I do see the lovely soft sponging. This is such a fun card, I would want to slide all day! A very Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek..I love that cute stamp set, and must dig it out to play. Brilliant idea to make a slider card, and I love how you reveal the sentiment when you move the bus.

    ReplyDelete