Sunday 24 January 2021

My Monthly Hero Jan 2021

I was so happy to receive the Janury Hero Arts kit this month - it might just be my favourite one ever :)

I thought the flowers in the set would be great to use for the Twofer Challenge this month:



I wanted to create two very different cards - for the first one, I stamped the image in black on the card panel (masking the edges). I coloured the flowers in Copics using single, vibrant colours to create a graphic look. I added a black striped border around the panel before adhering it to the card base. I used the honeycomb die to create an aperture in the top panel which was adhered with foam tape to the coloured panel. The sentiment is gold foil press (Spellbinders) and I finished it off with a few black gems.

 


Here is a closer look at the first card:



For the sceond card, I started with Lawn Fawn Speckled Egg card stock (a rustic ivory colour) and I stamped the flowers a couple of times along the edge of the slimline panel (masking where necessary). I coloured the blooms using my prismacolour pencil crayons and finished off the card with a Hero Arts sentiment die cut from some of the gold paper from the kit.

Here is a closer look at the card:





For my next card, I decided to use the bees and play along with CAS(E) this sketch:





The bees were coloured with Copics and die cut. I stamped the hexagon pattern from the kit repeatedly on one side of the card base, and I also stamped the sentiment. I used Delicata pigment ink so that I could add some mica powder to it to give that foiled look when the light catches the stamping. I love the way it looks in real life (hard to capture in a photo). The bees were popped up with foam tape.





For my last card (for now - this kit is sure to get much more use!), I decided to play along with the Hero Arts Stay Crafty challenge:



I ised the negative die cuts from the hexagon aperture die to create a tone-on-tone honeycomb background. I then cut some more hexagons from the gold paper from the kit and adhered them to some of the white hexagons to create a heart. I added two Copic coloured bees, a white embossed sentiment from the kit and a few little hearts as embellishments.



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill







8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. Love the flower cards and the bees are so cute. Love the golden heart. HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some amazing cards here, Jill! I love the die cut honeycomb surrounding this pretty card panel! And the yellow flowers make me think SPRING! So refreshing! Love your bee cards too! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your pretty card at CTS and wowee, look at these other beauties! You have me rethinking this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, you've been busy creating such loveliness, Jill ... these are all gorgeous! Your pencil colouring on your slimline thank you card is beautiful ... soft, delicate and so subtle! How pretty the more graphic pink bloom is peeking though the honeycomb panel ... the striped border is such a cool finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your cards you made from the HA kits. You are much better at using your kits then I am. I get them and there they sit for months on end. Your Twofer cards are awesome. I love how different the two cards are using the same flower stamp. The pink flower looks like it is popping out of the top honeycomb die layer. The yellow flowers are colored perfectly. The bees are beautiful and I love both cards with them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be the Hero Arts Ambassador for this kit, Jill! You've created an amazing Fourfer, all of them just spectacular! I love the flower peeking through your honeycomb with the great striped background frame and your slimline thank you card looks like a professional painting of flowers cascading down the side! I also love both your bee designs and I think your coloring on all four is sensational! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Keep safe and take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bee-lieve this is a honey of a card!!! Thanks, Jill, for sharing your talents with CTS over the years!
    =]

    ReplyDelete