Thursday 28 January 2021

TIME OUT #180 - Inspired By Words

 Our TIME OUT challenge this fortnight is a very seasonally-appropriate one (it was -13 here today!) - we are asking you to create a project inspired by these words:



For my card, I focused on "winter" and "book" - and created a window scene using my Spelbinders December small die kit. The card base was ink blended with Distress Oxide inks and then I white heat embossed a few Simon Says snowflakes to create the winter feel.I die cut and coloured the cat and the plants - and I created my own books using some scrap strips. I originally had the "wall" part of the panel in plain white but I decided that it looked too stark so I used a Simon Says background stamp and some pale yellow paint to create some "wallpaper" and make it feel a little bit more cozy. The greeting is from Winnie & Walter.



I love a cute cat sitting on a window sill - this is a common scene at our house - and one of the cutest cats in the crating world is Newton who  is our sponsor for this challenge. Newton's Nook is offering the winner of the challenge a $25 gist voucher to their store :)




Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Bobby from Bits and Pieces - she is a regular TIME OUT player and we are so happy to have her join us. Make sure you check out her fun and creative take on the challenge quote.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill













3 comments:

  1. Awesome take on the challenge and use of this die set, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab scene Jill and perfect if it is that cold there! Like how you added the wall paper and think this does make it look more cozy. Adorable cat on the books. Bubbles loved it when it snowed here and just sat at the window looking out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this scene. Wonderful sky. We are awaiting snow today. Hoping for a couple of days off from school!

    ReplyDelete