Thursday 23 October 2014

TIME OUT Guest Designer



Time Out is a great challenge blog that I have had a lot of fun playing. I was incredibly honoured (and nervous) when they asked me to be a guest designer this week. You can link to TIME OUT by clicking on the badge below.

Grab Our Badge!


 This week, the theme is "Inspired By Words", and the quote is:


"Birds of a feather flock together."

I confess that I am a little bit of a bird watcher, and that I have a huge stash of bird stamps, dies, and stencils. I started sorting though everything looking for inspiration, when my latest order from Simon Says arrived in the post. The parcel contained all kinds of Holiday stuff so I got a little bit distracted. One of the things that I had ordered was the Holly Berries stamp that Clearly Besotted designed for Stamptember. I was looking at the branches when I thought "they would look great with some birds on the branches" - and the idea was born:



I stamped the branch three times in Versamark and heat embossed using Snowflake Tinsel embossing powders (I love glitter on holiday cards!) I then die-cut the birds using the Penny Black "In a Row" from some SSS Schoolhouse Red cardstock - it is actually a die cut of birds on a wire but I cut them apart to get the individual birds. I glued them on the branched and then covered them in Christmas Red Stickles (more glitter!).I added a couple of strips of matching cardstock to the sides of the panel, and then wrapped some twine around it. The tag was stamped using a combination of Clearly Besotted stamps, and then die-cut using the matching die. The panel was then mounted on a SSS Smoke card that had stamped with the Penny Black Christmas Story background stamp in Versamark for a tone on tone effect. The Snowflake Tinsel did not show up very well in the picture so I tried to take another angle to try to capture it.. not sure that worked either though...





I have to say that when I first pictured this card, it was a lot more CAS in my mind but I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

I will link to a couple of challenges - Clearly Besotted (I am in love with their products!) is hosting a holiday themed challenge, and Simon Says Stamp is celebrating Stamptember themed cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp/Clearly Besotted - Holly Berries; Clearly Besotted - Journal It; Penny Black - Christmas Story
Dies: Clearly Besotted - Journal It; Penny Black - In A Row
Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp
Ink: Versamark, Simon Says Stamp

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!
Jill

4 comments:

  1. We are so pleased to have you with is at TIME OUT and I love your creative take on the words. The way you have built up this card from different stamps and ides is truly inspired and all that glitter is perfect for Xmas, congrats on being out GD, we feel very honoured to have you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your guest designer spot Jill - your card looks amazing and I just love all the sparkle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pops of red against the neutral background are fabulous, Jill ... and all that shimmeriness is amazing! Sorry I'm so late coming by ... was off on an adventure and am now back catching up! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, how did I miss this card???? WOW oh WOW!!!! Sparkle city loveliness!!

    ReplyDelete