Wednesday 20 September 2017

Hello There - MFT

Today, I am sharing a card that I created for the MFT Card Design Superstar Challenge


I am entering the Coloring Virtuosu category with this card:


I started out by stamping the Bundles of Blossoms background in black, and then I spent hours (yes - hours!) colouring it with my Copics. I kept the background in neutral grays (N0, N1, N2, N3, N4, N5, N6, N7) and I didn't go too dark with the contrast because I really wanted the focus to stay on the three pink blooms (R81, R83, R85, R89). I absolutely loved the way it turned out :)  I trimmed down the panel so that it would have a border around it - but instead of matting it with a solid coloured card stock, I decided to add some bold Sephora stripes with my N7 Copic. I used the MFT All Lined Up stencil as a guide to add my lines before colouring them in.The greeting is from the Polar Bear Pals stamp set and white embossed on a piece of card stock coloured with N7 as well. The strip was die cut with a Blueprints 29 die and popped up with some foam squares. I kept the embellishments very minimal but did add a few Ice Cube jewels (Little Things) around the sentiment. You can really only see them when the light hits them.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill



4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I just popped by to get your blog link as I just used that gorgeous vellum with felt in you gave me...wow amamzing stuff-thank you.....and saw this wonder! Jill this is most worthy of a superstar badge. The stamping is excellent and the colouring gorgeous-such depth to the whole card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop dead gorgeous. Looks like it took as long as you say. So worth it--a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow super colouring and I love how the coloured ones pop! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete