Thursday 9 May 2019

TIME OUT #135 - Inspired BY Words

We have another fun challenge for you this week at TIME OUT - we are asking you to be inspired by the following words:





Our sponsor for this challenge is Poppystamps - they are offering the winner a $20 gift voucher :)

For my card, I chose to focus on the "stars" part of the quote - and I used the Starlit Breeze die from Memory Box for my project.

I started out by watercolouring the panel with a few different colours of Cosmic Shimmer water colours before die cutting it several times with the die. I then backed the die cut panel with an adhesive sheet and addign silver glitter into the die cut openings. 


For extra dimension, I then took the negative die cuts and glued them randomly across the card front tone on tone. The sentiment is a PTI Birthday die cut from a texture silver patterned paper (stacked) and a white embossed wishes.

Here is a close up of the shimmery watercolours and the sparkly glitter:


Our wonderful guest designer for the week is Michele from I Card everything. Her creativity is boundless and we are so happy that is joining us :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jill




3 comments:

  1. Your background, with the multiple colors and beautiful stars is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic, Jill! Your background is wonderful, and I love the way you placed the die to cut it repeatedly and so perfectly. You are the glitter queen of the universe. What a brilliant way to get that awesome sparkle on to your awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pastel, shimmery background is gorgeous, Jill ... so perfect with the sparkly silver stars ... it's magical! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete