Thursday 26 September 2019

TIME OUT #145 - Breast Cancer Awareness

We have a very special challenge this fortnight at TIME OUT - our breast cancer awareness challenge:



Our sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays, who have a wonderful range of breast cancer awareness products. They have offered a $25 gift voucher to a randomly chosen entry that creates a one-layer card with pink :)




My card does not include the optional twist this time. I started out by water colouring a blue backdrop on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour paper. I added a few splatters in blue and white and then die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die. I cut the Big Hope Fri-die from white card four times and stacked them together in the centre of the blue background. I also used some scrap card stock to cut some flowers and leaves using the Garden Fri-dies and adhered them around the big hope. The whole panel was foam mounted onto a white card base.


Our Guest Designer is Sidan so please stop by her blog and say hello.



  
   
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill







7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is soooo pretty! The blue inked background looks to me like a heart shape once your die cuts are added. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Jill. I love the color combo and the placement of the die cuts - a fantatsic design, so eye catching. The more artsy water color background is the perfect pair for the clean, graphic look of the die cuts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lovely blooms adorn the crisp white hope so beautifully, Jill ... it all pops wonderfully against the blue splattered watercolour! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great backdrop for those flowers! Gives so much depth. Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card, Jill. I especially love the way all elements combined put me in mind of a heart. It's just gotgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... what a lovely card! I like your use of color in the background and how you layered the dies!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have switched some of the colors I expected around. Those pink flowers are lovely, and the white die cut really pops against the blue. Overall, at quick glance, your focal point appears to be almost heart shaped--if you meant to do this, well done!! And, if you didn't mean to do it, then what a wonderful coincidence for card that will be delivered with love, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete