Thursday 30 September 2021

Waffle Flower September 2021Challenge

My friend and TIME OUT teamie, Nonni, is guest designing for the Waffle Flower September 2021 Challenge - so of course I had to play along :) 

I decided to highlight the Waffle Flower Bear Hugs stamp in my design - I thought it would be perfect for a Thanksgiving card. I started by creating a custom leaf frame for the design - I used a leaf from an older Winnie & Walter set - and stamped and masked and stamped and masked and stamped and.... you get the picture. I coloured the leaves with Copics and fussy cut the centre of the frame.

I stamped the Bear Hugs image onto a separate card panel and Copic coloured it. I then foam mounted the leaf frame on top. The greeting is also from Waffle Flower - I used the negative letters from Year Round Word Dies "Happy" and "Thanksgiving" and adhered them to a Copic coloured Cardstock strip - I love the effect this created - a little bit like a Dymo label with the raised letters.

My card fits the following categories in the challenge: leaves, critters, using an iconic Fall image 3 times (red maple leaf).




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment