Saturday 27 September 2014

CASE Study - Merry


I couldn't have been both more surprised and more flattered when I received CASE Study Top 3 mention for my card last week. The cards in the gallery are always so impressive and inspiring that I am just happy to be a part of it.


This week's card is just as amazing as last week's so I had to play along:

I love everything Debby Hughes does but I am particularly fond of how she makes white on white work so well. I also love the colour combination of this card - so beautiful and wintery - I wanted to use the same colours. All in all, my card did not stray too far from the inspiration... 


 I started with the die cut using a Cheery Lynn die that I have had in my stash for quite a while but never actually used. I cut it apart into a couple of different branches and then coloured the branches and the holly leaves with Copics - I also brushed some Wink of Stella on the holly leaves. I used an embossing pen and some gold embossing powder to create the gold leaves. I mounted the die cuts on an embossed white panel, wrapped with some twine and a small tag for a greeting. I made the little glitter berries using some drops of Glossy Accents and some red glitter on my craft mat

I will link this card to the Case Study challenge and also to the Merry Monday challenge (it features sparkle, die cuts, red).

Supplies:
Dies: Cheery Lynn - Mega Holly Flourish; Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Tag Framelits
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Holly Pattern
Stamp: My Favorite Things - LJD Stitched Stockings
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Detail Gold

Thanks for stopping by!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Jill this is really beautiful! Love the layered die cuts and gorgeous embossed background! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Jill! You've taken Debby's inspiration and made it even better! Love how you've painted the holly and placed it on the white embossed holly! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! like how you made the berries and the gold embossing on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant holiday card, I love every detail. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love your pop of gold and this sweet spin on Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week for the CASE Study challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Jill! I love all that yummy gold accent here!

    ReplyDelete