Saturday 13 September 2014

Merry... part 2

So today, I continued in my quest to organize my craft room/my husband's office. As relative newlyweds, we are still trying to fit our lives together... and well, he is struggling with the chaos of my work area that I have always labeled as "creativity". I am trying to compromise and figure out what I need to be able to organize things a little bit better... so today was the second trip to Ikea in as many weeks. This time to pick up another Alex storage unit ( I already have one for random bits and bobs) to organize my inks...

I did manage to get in a card before I got sucked into the organization process. 

And onto the card:
(Ironically enough, this card came about because I had left my Hero Arts inks out on my desk from yesterday....)

I really liked the "Merry" card I did yesterday but it was not very "mail-friendly" with all the foam tape so I decided to redo it in a one layer version. I also decided to play along with the current CAS-ology challenge that uses the inspiration word "THREE".







I used the same stamps and inks as the Merry card but this time, I stamped the reverse snowflakes through a mask that I created using the Simon Says Stamp "Tri Square Craft Die" and some paper. I liked the effect of the white panel on the white background of the Merry card but because I wanted to keep this one layer, I decided to draw on the outline using an embossing marker (and my ruler!) and emboss with silver embossing powder. I did the same thing to create the horizontal lines to mimic the twine from the card. The greeting is also by Hero Arts and embossed in silver. So here is how I embraced the concept of three:

  • Three different reverse snowflake stamps
  • Three different colours of ink
  • Three squares (that each measure 3cm x 3cm)!!!
  • Three horizontal lines
  • Three clusters of sequins
  • A three word greeting
So all that being said, I will link up my card with the CAS-ology challenge.

Supplies:
Die: Simon Says Stamp - Tri Square
Stamps: Hero Arts - Four Frame Snowflakes; Hero Arts - Holiday Sayings
Ink: Hero Arts - Soft Blossom, Soft Purple, Soft Pool; Versamark; Ranger Embossing Pen
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Silver Detail
Sequins: Studio Calico

Thanks for stopping by!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love Christmas cards with non-traditional colours and your design rocks! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how beautiful! I adore the silver embossed lines...gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love your design and the embossed lines. Good incentive to get a new embossing pen, mine is so old it's dried out!

    ReplyDelete