Sunday 28 September 2014

Merry Monday Challenge

Christmas cards are definitely my favourite to make - I love using all my Christmas card supplies - the products are so great, and just when you think that you have everything that you could possibly need, there is a new release!!! I also love that it is a time where you can use crazy amounts of glitter and bling on your cards without them seeming OTT - and that is exactly what I did for the card that I made for the Merry Monday Challenge:

I started with a kraft base but I wanted to give the illusion of some snow so I fingerpainted using some Picket Fence paint around the edges. I liked it but I decided that it wasn't enough so I pressed the edges into my versamark pad and used a Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder to give it a little bit more impact ('tis the season for glitter after all!). The stockings were fussy cut from a piece of 12x12 patterned paper and coated with a generous layer of Icicle Stickles (more glitter!). I added some Lawn Fawn twine which I shaped using some Multi Medium and a pencil, and I finished off the card with a die cut sentiment cut from some DCWV shimmer cardstock (you can't see the shimmer in the photo but it is there in real life).

I think that this card checks almost every box on the bingo card (sorry - no punch or buttons) so I will link it up to the Merry Monday challenge.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants - St. Nick
Die: Simon Says Stamp - Merry Christmas
Twine: Lawn Fawn
Embossing Powder: Ranger - Snowflake Tinsel
Other: Stickles - Icicle; Distress Paint - Picket Fence; Ranger - Multi-Medium

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I just LOVE this card! Very creative! Love the die cut words and the glittery stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really striking, Jill! Love those beautiful stockings and the technique you used around the frame! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! The stockings on your card are adorable. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stockings are so sweet, and I love that Merry Christmas die, what a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used the twine and the DSP for the stockings, lots of beautiful detail. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete