Sunday 21 September 2014

Merry and Bright

I have been struggling with creativity (or lack thereof!) this weekend. I often find the best way to get going is to visit the challenge blogs to see some amazing creations - so that is what I did. The CASE Study Challenge Blog is featuring the amazing Debby Hughes this month, and as always, this week's card is both spectacular and inspirational.

There are so many inspirational things about this card that it is hard to know where to start but mostly I love the neutral colours and the effect of white on kraft. I have recently started making holiday cards so immediately thought of doing a white wreath on a kraft background. This is what I came up with:



I started by die cutting and embossing the wreath and bow using the Tim Holtz Holiday Wreath die and matching embossing folder. I decided that the white paper was a little bit too plain so I pressed it into some Versamark and then heat embossed with some Sticky embossing powder and coated with some Rock Candy Distress glitter for some subtle shine (by far my favourite glitter because it is not too shiny). This die is great because it cuts little leaves that can be popped up with some foam tape (which is exactly what I did). The bow is supposed to be mounted at the top of the wreath but I flipped it around to put it at the bottom. I embossed a white greeting on some vellum but I didn't want to cover the wreath so I wrapped it around the card at the bottom. I finished the card with some gold flecked twine and sequins. I will link this card to the CASE Study Challenge Blog.

Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things - Cheerful Christmas
Die & Embossing Folder: Sizzix (Tim Holtz) - Holiday Wreath
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh - Nature Mix
Twine: The Twinery 
Embossing Powder: Ranger - Sticky; Stampendous - Detail White
Glitter: Distress - Rock Candy

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Jill


8 comments:

  1. Love the dimension on your wreath & the touch of glitter is perfect on the neutral palette. Great Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that wreath is awesome. thanks for joining us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous - love that beautiful wreath:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo pretty! The texture is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wreath Jill! The embossed die cuts are wonderful - so much texture and elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wreath is just Amazing! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ought to take part in a contest for one of the finest blogs on the net.

    I'm going to recommend this website!

    ReplyDelete