Tuesday 2 September 2014

Colourful Music

The other card that I worked on yesterday was one inspired by the TIME OUT Challenge Blog. I am really loving this challenge blog - I am finding a lot of inspiration there. This week the inspiration is a quote from Twelfth Night:

'If music be the food of love play on'


I decided to use my Memory Box Musicality Collage die but wanted to add some colour. I started with a piece of watercolour which I watered down and added some concentrated drops of Distress Ink from the re-inkers. The colours were so bright and they flowed nicely into each other when it dried. I then die cut the watercoloured piece and a piece of white cardstock - and began the process of piecing it all back together. Even though this is a fairly labourious process, I am loving the inlaid die-cut look on cards lately and I find myself doing it a lot.


I finished off with a stamped sentiment from a SSS card kit, some Wink of Stella on the notes, and some Freckled Fawn wood veneers that were inked with Onyx Versafine and embossed with Stardust powder for sparkle. Here is a close up of the music to show the glitter and Wink of Stella:


Supplies:
Die: Memory Box - Musicality Collage
Stamp Set: Simon Says Stamp - Color and Sunshine
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean
Wood Veneer: Freckled Fawn
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Stardust

I kept the negative of the watercolour diecut so I'm off to try something with that but for now, I will link this card to the TIME OUT Challenge and also to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge featuring Memory Box.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is so creative Jill and full of wonderful colours. I love how you popped up a couple of notes. So pleased you are enjoying our challenges and great to see you play gain this week at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Jill ... love the rainbow colours and the inset look ... the shimmery wood veneer notes are a perfect addition! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I absolutely love how you've used your dies. Perfect inspiration for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete