Monday 4 August 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 1

So first things first - I have decided to start a blog to share my cards. The main reason for doing it is that I spend a lot of time visiting other card-making blogs for tips, tricks and inspiration so I feel that I should be also sharing my work. The blog is pretty basic right now but I'm sure that I will pretty it up as time goes on...

Today was the first day of Stretch Your Stamps 2 and there was a whole lot of inspiration in the videos. Luckily for me, it is a holiday in Canada today so I had time to play after I watched the videos. I followed Kristina's cards quite closely but I don't have any large word dies so I had to improvise there (note to self - need to buy large word dies - very useful). I wasn't quick enough to get the supply list products for the class so I will be improvising and using what I already have on hand. For both cards, I used the Hero Arts/Basic Grey Diamond Background and greetings from Clearly Besotted; I also used Inktense pencils for the watercolouring. 

Here is the first card - I really like it but it still feels a little bit naked. I tried playing with some sequins but I have decided to hold off and think about it for a bit.









7 comments:

  1. love the background stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbow colors you choose pops off the card. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job and welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background stamp you used! Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is truly stunning and such a modern and exciting background stamp to use for this particular technique. It looks amazing.
    Cecilie
    http://ancema.dk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background stamp that you use and the blend of colours. Great work!

    ReplyDelete