Sunday 23 August 2015

Garden Gnomes

Yesterday was my brother's 40th Birthday - we had a really nice dinner with him last night to celebrate the big number. This is the card that I made for him:




For some reason, I always think of my brother when I see garden gnomes (he has one in his garden) so this Studio Calico stamp set was absolutely perfect for the occasion. I stamped it three times across the top of the card, and coloured them with Copics. For the bottom of the card, I stamped Hero Arts Newspaper Background in SSS Smoke Ink before die cutting some "40"s using Lawn Fawn numbers dies. I added some fun foam behind the numbers before inlaying it all back together. The greeting is from Kelly Purkey's Happy Birthday set - it was white heat embossed on a strip of SSS Fog cardstock. Fishing touches were some Wink of Stella and a double coat of Glossy Accents on the gnome hats and a single coat on their belt buckles.

I will link this card up to a few places:


Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

7 comments:

  1. The die cuts on the newsprint are terrific ad too tose gnomes......cute! Thank you for helping us celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom for your brother! Those garden gnomes are so cute and it sounds like they are perfect for your brother's card! Thanks so much for joining us for our 200th challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Jill ... adorable, shiny hatted gnomes ... fabulous dimension from those die cut numbers ... and such a fun sentiment! Brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the dimensional 40's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is just fantastic! I just love the cute little guys and also love how you've personalised it with the numbers. Thanks for joining us at FMS 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! I love the 'faux embossing' technique of the numbers ! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card and I'm sure your brother loves it. The shine on the gnomes' hats is just fab. And I do like the way you've used the newspriint and die cut the number! Nice. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be late commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete