Sunday 9 August 2015

Sunday Crafting

Warning - very long blog today!

I spent a bit of time in my craft room this weekend so I have a few cards to share.
The first card is for my nephew's birthday which is coming up. I found my inspiration for this card in a couple of places: Less Is More challenge this week is all about the eyes - what better to use than the three eyed alien from Simon Says Stamp?! I also took some inspiration from this week's CASe This Sketch.



I started out by stamping the alien and the balloon on the left hand side of the card. I coloured the alien with Copics and then I masked him and the balloon. I created another circle mask and then sponged the background using Distress Inks. I added the stars with a white pen and a string for the balloon that I shaped using using some multi medium and a pencil. Finishing touches were the Cocoa Daisy greeting, some Wink of Stella on the balloon, some Glossy Accents on the eyes and balloon, and some Jelly Roll pen accents on the stars.

I will link this card up to the following challenges:




For the next couple of cards, I took out the watercolour paper....
First one was a one layer wonder using Walter and Winnie's My Precious set.
I started by stamping the gems down the left hand side in Versafine Onyx ink and then heat embossed in clear powder.  I then painted with water around the outside of the gems. Once the paper was wet, I added some Peerless colours to the wet paper. I finished off by stamping a greeting in the lower right corner and I "just had to" add some Wink of Stella to the gems :)


I will link this card up to the following challenges :

My final card of the day is for my second wedding  anniversary which is coming up at the end of the month. Before I get into the card,  just want to share a brief history on how I met my husband. Michael and I met in the Malaysian part of Borneo in late 2012 - we were both on a trekking tour that lasted three weeks so we got to know each other quite well. Even though I lived in Montreal and he lived in Copenhagen, we managed to make the relationship work. Less than a year later, we were married in Copenhagen and Michael emigrated to Canada to live with me. One of the things that we share is a love of travel so I thought this Unity Stamp "Love Brings You Home" stamp set would be perfect for our wedding anniversary card.



I started out by stamping the map in Versamark and heat embossing with "Antique Ivory" embossing powder from Stampendous. I love the little bronze pieces that are mixed in - it gives a cool effect on a map stamp. I then painted with water around the edges of the map, and once it was good and wet, I added a few drops of Distress re-inkers (Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade).I stamped the greeting on a piece of vellum which I heat embossed in Liquid Platinum and wrapped around the card panel. Finally, I die cut a Stitched Frame using my Simon Says Stamp dies which I also covered with Versamark and heat embossed with Liquid Platinum. I popped it up over the map and sentiment .

I will also link this card up to a few places:



Apologies for being so long-winded today but it has definitely been the most productive that I have been in my craft room for a while :)

Thanks so much for stopping by - your comments always make my day!
Jill

20 comments:

  1. Love your fun, fab and crazy card for Less is More Jill - simply perfect masking and inking. Thanks for playing along.
    Your other cards are fantastic too and Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! What a beautiful love story. Wishing you both a very happy day.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all AMAZING!!! I LOVE the gorgeous watercoloring--and the gold frame and sentiment rock! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, your watercoloring is amazing!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    I still have a giveaway on my blog here until Tuesday: (Just leave your e-mail with your comment)
    http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2015/08/essentials-by-ellen-2015-holiday-release.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jill, I love your 3-eyed cute alien - a super design and brilliant Copic coloured the image and beautifully background with distress inks!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing makes in this post, the fun of the first, the design of the second and the fab colours in the third

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable, that little monster! too bad I already had my birthday ;) Thank you for joining us this week at ATSM! Your other cards are very pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three fabulous cards but I especially love your watercolouring on the last two. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a green, three eyed monster at the bottom of my garden ! Great card !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill what a super set of cards! Love your monster, your world card is just stunning though
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great assortment of cards. The gem card is lovely. I really like the beautiful colors around the gems. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three fab makes, Jill. Your monster card is perfect for our one layer eyes challenge and brilliantly executed. I love the accents you've added for gloss and shimmer. I love the vibrant colours on your two watercoloured cards too. Those gems really pop within the colour.
    Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATSM this week.
    Anita x

    At Happy Little Stampers are August CAS Challenge theme is masking so your monster card would be perfect, we'd love for you to link up there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABulous watercolours Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are all fabulous and so unique! the first one is so cute, i love the colours in the second one and the third one is perfect for your anniversary! thank you so much for playing along with us at house of cards!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these are gorgeous Jill! I love the map card and that beautiful background! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous monster for our eyes challenge Jill!
    Such a fun card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these cards are all awesome can't pick a favorite. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jill
    Super and vibrant card. Thank you for joining in at House of Cards.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your work, thanks for plaing along in the Unity challenge♥

    ReplyDelete