Thursday 21 January 2016

TIME OUT #48 - Casing Marika

This week we have a fabulous challenge at Time Out - we are casing an inspirational card from Marika of Me and Mini Me Crafting. Words cannot describe the beauty of Marika's creations - she is an amazing artist who really brings stamped images to life with spectacular colouring - and this card is no exception: 


Amazing right?! So many gorgeous elements to CASE.... this is my interpretation:



I stayed pretty simple and didn't do any colouring. I used an old (and sadly discontinued) Hero Arts stamp set called Lotus Leaves to stamp the the flower, stem, and leaf in a few shades of green and orange pigment ink. I then clear heat embossed it to create a resist before sponging on some Tumbled Glass. I used my trimmer and an Exacto knife to cut a strip from the panel on the card front, and added a Clearly Besotted greeting. I added a strip of silver Darice glitter tape (loving this stuff) to the card base under the cutout and popped up the card front with fun foam. 

So now it's your turn to take some TIME OUT and join in the fun of this CASE-ing challenge. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

9 comments:

  1. wow Jill I love this take on Marika's card. I love how the flower overlaps the strip of silver and how this is a negative space, really creative idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever and inspired, Jill! I definitely want to try this with some of my stamps. I actually already have an idea so some CASEing is going to happen in our next TO challenge I think! Thank you for this gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your casecard is a beauty! Love the images and the great colours. Your stripe makes the card so much more interesting!Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, love your take! It's so cleverly done and you probably knew that I'm gonna love the glitter stripe below! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is a lovely CASE - such a pretty flower image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, and your glitter strip in the gap you cut is a wonderful finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the way you trimmed away a strip from the main panel! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular, Jill ... what a gorgeous bloom in such wonderful vibrant colours ... love the shimmery silver glitter strip in the cutaway! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Jill! Amazing color and love the shine from the glimmer paper.

    ReplyDelete