Thursday 28 January 2016

TIME OUT #48 - Reminder - CASE-ing Marika

This week we continue our fabulous challenge at Time Out - we are casing this inspirational card from Marika of Me and Mini Me Crafting



Such a beautiful card - and Marika even made a video showing how she made it that you can see on her blog here. Here is my take:



For my card, I used the Penny Black Dahlias stamp set. I decided to try Marika's colouring technique of combining Copic colouring with coloured pencils on the flower (not sure if purple-blue dahlias exist in real life - so there may be some creative licence taken there!). This was my first attempt with this colouring technique and I am really happy with the results - I can see why Marika likes it so much! Here is a close up of the colouring:


The rest of the card was finished simply to allow the flower to be the focal point - but I did have to include my favourite glitter tape!

Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure you take some Time Out to join us in this fun CASE challenge!
Jill

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting this colouring technique perfect first time and who cares if these flowers come in purple, we love them like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jill ... so elegant and stunning! You nailed Marika's colouring technique first time out ... your dahlia is just beautiful ... so much depth! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great case! And you really did the colouring so beautiful!! It looks perfect! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd better watch that video. Your flower is stunning, and I just love how you colored it. If a dahlia does not exist in that color, then you should have one genetically engineered, because it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that you are a natural at this technique! Your flower is beautiful as is the whole card!

    ReplyDelete