Thursday 22 June 2017

TIME OUT #86 - CELEBRATIONS

It's time for a theme challenge and we are looking for Celebration themed cards with an optional twist of keeping it one layer. As an added incentive for keeping it one-layer, our fabulous sponsor, CAS-ual Fridays, is offering a $25 gift voucher to a random entry that uses the optional twist!!!



Our guest designer for this challenge is the incredible Tae-Eun - I am sure you are already familiar with her wonderful CAS card designs but make sure to visit her blog to check out her take on this challenge :)

Here is my take on the challenge - a bright celebratory rainbow:

This card is all about this wonderful sentiment stamp set from CAS-ual Fridays - I couldn't chose just one sentiment to use - so I decided to use them all :)  I actually made this a mass card production (you can never have too many Birthday cards) so I lined the stamps up in my MISTI and stamped them on 6 different colours of cardstock in Versamark so that I could heat emboss them in white. I then used my trimmer to cut apart the greetings before mixing and matching them on 6 different card bases. Some of them, I adhered directly to the card base (above), and some of them I adhered with foam tape to add some dimension (below). I had planned on making a similar card with the optional one-layer twist by inking the stripes on the card base and then adding the white heat embossing but I ran out of time..... so no twisting from me this week..





How are you going to interpret this theme? We can't wait to see your creations so make sure you take the TIME OUT to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill



8 comments:

  1. What a clever idea and so striking. I love how bold these look! The strong looking font really lends itself to bold colours....why not try a one layer at some time, just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great how you used all the sentiments and such bold colours! The card in the TO-post where my eyes kept on going :)! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness Jill! This is so absolutely fun. Way to let the sentiments take the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Jill! And such a perfect showcase for this stamp set! Love the hues, love the varying sizes of the strips... I just love the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold, graphic and beautiful, Jill ... and such a clever idea to create so many cards in one go ... so striking ... and yummy! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever!! I feel like you're channelling your inner Jennifer McGuire a little :) the colours go perfectly together and those sentiments - you were totally right using them all. Hugs Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright and cheerful Birthday card!!! You placed the sentiments perfect in balance regarding colors and sizes! Thank you for your sweet words about my work , Jill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do love this card, and making it in bulk is just such a great idea! Don't you just love the MISTI?

    ReplyDelete