Thursday 24 October 2019

TIME OUT #147 - Inspired By Words

In our TIME OUT challenge this fortnight, we are asking you to be inspired by the following words:

"Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots"



Our very generous sponsor for this challenge is Uniko who are generously offering the winner of the challenge an in-stock stamp of their choice :)   



For my card, I decided to focus on the "grateful" part of the words to create a thank you card (can never have too many of those!). I stamped the Uniko Background Wonky Stripes onto some watercolour cardstock in Versafine Onyx ink and then watercoloured using some shimmery Autumn colours. I originally thought that I was going to stay within the lines but eventually decided that I liked the look of continuous colour. I used a Winnie & Walter die to add in the "thanks" (stacked 4 times with cardstock) and stamped a second Altenew greeting across the bottom of the watercoloured image. 






Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill




4 comments:

  1. Wow you used this background so well-I love that wonky look-so funky and well thr perfect colours and love the way they blend together-what a great way to use a big sentiment then a little one-adorable card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a visual delight, Jill. I think you made the right choice with the continuous color. Those shimmery autumn colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The autumn shimmer on this cool, graphic design is fabulous, Jill ... love the camouflaged thanks across it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that altenew sentiment is perfect in length for the background stamp you used! Love the look of this, your watercoloring adds a fun artsy touch and I adore this die cutting technique -should remember to use it again!! xxx

    ReplyDelete