Thursday 7 November 2019

TIME OUT #148 - Photo Inspiration

This fortnight we are hosting my favourite type of challenge at TIME OUT, a photo inspiration challenge :)  And now that Halloween is fully in the rear view mirror, we are focusing on Christmas (it is never to early to start on those cards right?!).




I think that it is pretty obvious where I took my inspiration from the photo ;) I started out by stamping a tone on tone woodgrain background (MFT) onto some SSS Schoolhouse Red card stock (incidentally, this is my favourite Christmas red card stock!). I lined up all the greeting from the Winnie & Walter In A Word: Grand Merry stamp set in my MIST and then white embossed them on the panel. I stamped the Ellen Hutson Modern Christmas Holly tone one tone onto some green cardstock and made some red berries with  sparkly Nuvo drops. I added them to the panel along with a sparkly gold strip down the side and finished off the card with a little bit of rustic twine.  





We are lucky to have the talented Angie from Cimba Creative Fun joining us a Guest Designer for this challenge so make sure you check out her designs :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill


5 comments:

  1. gosh I never think of tone on tone but it looks so good-so subtle but adds a lovely texture. And that is some good embossing-I get it everywhere! And what lovely shiny berries-I need to use my nuvo drops more often-I always seem to mess up with them!! And the gold strip is the perfect sparkle needed for Xmas-probably told you before but I just love photo challenges and love seeing what people spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I love your card - it's goes so perfectly with the photo inspiration. The holly and twine finish it off just right! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Jill... The white embossing on red looks so crisp and clean -the clean style of the sentiments is perfect for this. Beautiful finishing touches as well -this card is just perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card. Love all those bold sentiments, the placement of the twine and holly - just a great card all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold, rustic, cosy and fabulous, Jill ... you captured the nature of the grand sign beautifully with this design! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete