Thursday 13 February 2020

TIME OUT #155 - Inspired By Words


We have a special challenge for you this fortnight at TIME OUT, as we are celebrating our sponsor, Uniko Stamps, Birthday month and also recognizing Random Act of Kindness Day on February 17th - we thought these words would be perfect to inspire  you:



Uniko is generously offering the winner of the challenge a clear stamp set of their choice :)

I was inspired by the "kindness" and the "confetti" and I created a design of butterflies flying out of an envelope like confetti. The butterflies are from the Uniko stamp set: English Country Garden Butterflies and the envelope was hand drawn. Everything was coloured with Copics and the Hero Arts greeting was also stamped and Copic coloured. I added some Nuvo shimmer pen to the butterflies and the coloured part of the sentiment letters for a subtle finishing touch before adhering the panel to a blue card base. 



We are lucky to have Sue from Sentimentally Sue joining us this challenge - make sure you check out her work before you take some TIME OUT to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill



11 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, Jill ... I'm just imagining opening an envelope and finding these lovelies fluttering out! Gorgeous colouring with fabulous depth! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That is soooo beautiful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a huge WOW factor, Jill! Your drawing skills are incredible, as is your eye for design! This is such a great card and I love the coloring of the butterflies!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those butterflies are so vivid and lively that they look as if they will fly off the page! I also love your shading job on the envelope. Really lovely!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I cannot believe you drew that envelope! I looked to see where you bought the stamp. Very fun idea to have those butterflies emerging from the envelope, and I love how you beautifully colored each butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to stop by and tell you how fabulous this card is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with this card! The fact that you drew the envelope and colored everything so beautifully is amazing! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Jill. I love the way your butterflies are just fluttering out of that wonderful envelope. Your coloring is amazing as always, and I especially love the ombre effect on the word "kindness".

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed of this card, Jill! Love your hand drawn envelope and the concept behind this card and the execution is just perfect. Beautiful shading and coloring. I hope you are well, I haven't hear from you in a while! Sending hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you used the butterflies; so different and beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, and such vibrant and beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete