Thursday 30 January 2020

TIME OUT #154 - Affectionate

Our challenge this fortnight at TIME OUT is a perfect one to get into the mood for Valentine's Day - we are challenging you to be affectionate:


Our sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - they are generously offering the winner of the challenge a $25 gift voucher to their store :)  


I decided to use some CAS-ual Fridays products for my card this week - I just adore the new Ever After sentiment set and wanted to use the big scripty sentiment as the focal point of my card. To make it stand out a little bit more, I heat embossed it using some HA purple sparkle embossing powder (close up shown below the card pic). I wanted to add something to the background but not distract too much from the sentiment so I used one of my favourite techniques: tone-on-tone die cuts. I die cut some white hearts using the Heart Board Fri-Die and adhered them to frame the sentiment. I then mounted the card panel on a shimmery purple card base for fun.








Apologies for the lighting in the pics - it is that time of year that seems to be very challenging to get it just right.

Our guest designer for this challenge is Mugda from Craftomania - we are so happy to have her join us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill




8 comments:

  1. oh I must get some of the purple powder-it looks fab! And I always adore when you do the tone on tone, it is stunning, adding texture and interest in the most subtle way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning, and thank you for reminding me of a technique I have completely forgotten about--tone on tone die cuts. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great 'affectionate' card! The embossed hearts look great and it makes for a lovely way to feature that sentiment.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jill, so stylish! Love the color combo of sparkly purple and white -quite unique but also very festive, would be perfect for a wedding I think! Great idea to use the dies this way. xxx ps. is your whatsapp working already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sentiment is fabulous, and I love the background technique you used. It really adds a lot without being overpowering. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thi sis wonderful, Jill. I love the purple sentiment and that TOT die cut technique is wonderful with those dies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the purple and the fun way you used the white space on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful BG; love the texture and the interest that gives! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete