Thursday 7 May 2020

TIME OUT #161 - Inspired By The Arts

Our challenge this fortnight at TIME OUT is sure to stimulate some creativity - we are looking for projects inspired by the Arts:



Our sponsor for this challenge is Birch Press Design - they are offering a $20 gift voucher to the winner of a random draw of enties who include a one-layer optional twist :)



For my card, I drew my inspiration from modern art design - I especially love clean and graphic art so I also incorporated a Mondrian colour scheme. I used the Memory Box Large Ringlets die to create an inlaid design. I cut the dsign three times from white cardstock and once from each of red, yellow and blue cardstock so that I could create three cards from this project. For each card, the inlaid design was adhered to a white panel which was trimmed to 3.75" x 5" and then popped up with foam onto a white standard A2 card base. I added a simple black sentiment strip white heat embossed with a Simon Says Stamp greeting to finish the design.




How will the arts inspire you? We can't wait to see your designs in the TIME OUT gallery :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

5 comments:

  1. I love the Mondrian colours; reminds me of so many of the paintings that I saw of him and of the Rietveld house that I visited with my fanily and parents... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the challenge - this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous card - I knew exactly who your inspiration was too. Great work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is killer fabulous, Jill. It must have driven you a little crazy but the result is FANTASTIC. Love those primary colors and the way you placed each die cut in the while circles. I LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jill, this looks absolutely amazing. Love your use of color and the inlaid die technique. I hope you are well! xxx

    ReplyDelete