Sunday 27 March 2016

AAA #61 - Stenciling

We have another great challenge at AAA Cards for you - this week, our theme is stenciling!




We also have a great sponsor for this challenge: Stampendous has agreed to give the winner a $20 gift certificate to their store - YAY!


I use stencils mostly to create backgrounds but since this challenge is all about stencils, I decided to play around a little bit and do something different. I used a TCW (Stencil Birds) - and sponged through different Distress Ink colours for the birds. I then applied some Texture Paste to create the branches. I found the result a little bit plain so I played some more and added some doodles to the birds on the first card. On the second card, I added some water drops to the birds and then finished them with some Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents. I traced along the bottom of the branches with a black pen to make them stand out a little bit more and finished off with an Altenew Label Love greeting popped up with foam.







A very different type of card for me - much more mixed media than I usually do... I am still not sure how I feel about the finished result but it was fun to play!

So now it's your turn to play along and have some fun with stencils!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill


7 comments:

  1. Oooooh Jill, I do love both of these. I love the lines in the birds in #1. Are they hand drawn? They look fabulous. I really love the application of the lines along the bottom of the branches in #2. Such a great effect! Thanks too of your wonderful comments on my card. I am in love with that technique now. Found it on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC5eLdZp0Fk I am totally in love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a vibrant, fun and clever take on the stencil challenge Jill. You doodled all that neat detail to those birds??? Fantastic and awesome talent. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative Jill! Love all your zentangle doodles on the first card and the loose watercolour look of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabulous! I have to say though my eye keeps getting drawn to your second card. I love the colours and those doodles are amazing1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love how it looks 3D in a way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Gorgeous! I love these. I especially love the doodled birds. Now I want to see if I can CASE your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This might be better than your brusho card which was a fave of mine and finally got me to buy them. I am with Stephanie - love that first one. It looks like you zen doodled all the birds!!

    ReplyDelete