Thursday 3 March 2016

TIME OUT #51 - Easter & Spring

It's time for another challenge at Time Out - and this week we are looking for Easter and Spring themed cards - with an optional twist of masking.

We also have a fabulous sponsor for this challenge: Stamplorations has very generously agreed to give the winner a $20 gift card. They are also going to be giving a randomly chosen card (who follows the theme and the twist) two standard sized stencils.


Our guest designer this week is the incredible Tae Eun - make sure you check out her blog Rainbow In November - her creativity is amazing!

For my card, I chose to focus on the Spring theme - when I think of Spring, I think of tulips so this stamp from Darkroom Door seemed perfect. I white heat embossed the image and water coloured the image with my Gansai Tambi paints.  I don't think this type of image is supposed to be heat embossed because it is so detailed but I really like the look it creates.
I trimmed the panel and backed it with some SSS Fog cardstock before mounting it on foam onto the card base. The greeting is from the Ellen Hutson Mondo Magnolia set - I love the scripty look of it. 



Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure you take some Time Out to play along with us!
Jill



9 comments:

  1. I think it looks great heat embossed and fabulous colouring. The embossing gives it such an arty feel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossing on this! It really looks cool! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jill ... the heat embossing adds such a lovely artsy feel to these fabulous tulips ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh JILL! My heart aches for tulips right now ... seems Winter is taking its hold on Michigan for a while yet! Your tulips are GORGEOUS heat embossed ... beautifully colored, fabulous inspiration!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see we both think of tulips for spring. We are in good company. Your white embossing is so striking, and I love how you colored your vibrant field of tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips are my favorite and definitely mean Spring! Gorgeous coloring and absolutely lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a perfect Springcard! I also think of tulips when I think of Spring! Great colours! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty spring card! Love the layout and the loose water color look which the embossed details add to the image! Thank you for the kind words :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I think one can emboss whatever one wants! :) And your result looks good. I love the colors you chose, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete