Sunday 20 March 2016

Poinsettia Card

I was inspired to play along with the challenge at Merry Monday this week - they are challenging us to use black and white (grey and silver) cards:


I have been wanting to play around with Copic colouring in grey tones so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I used a poinsettia stamp from Penny Black - I stamped it using SSS Fog ink to do a type of no-line colouring and then used the (N) Copic markers to shade it. I used a Prismacolor grey pencil to add the vein details back to the petals.




I finished off the card with a strip of adhesive tape covered in some American Crafts pewter glitter and a Lawn Fawn sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill




5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Your grey colouring is amazing! Wow! Your glittery tape is a beautiful touch too.

    Kate (a fellow Ontarian!)
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Love the coloring on your poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Jill! I wouldn't have thought to do this poinsettia in gray, but it works beautifully! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing!! The poinsettia is stunning in grey tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally delightful Jill, I love your shades of grey poinsettia and the strip of bling. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete