Thursday 2 June 2016

TIME OUT #58 - Home Sweet Home

We have another photo inspiration Home Sweet Home challenge this week at Time Out, and Sandie has worked her magic and chosen another wonderful photo to inspire us:




Lots of fun elements in this photo - bricks, arches, colours - so many directions this could be taken! I was inspired by the stained glass squares and this is what I came up with:


OK- I admit that I photographed it flat because I didn't do a great job of filling my shaker windows with microbeads - here is the standing up version:


I used a memory box die to create the shaker window in both the card panel and the card front - and the fun foam in between - to create a "window" effect. The die cut greeting is from Winnie and Walter. 
And since I didn't want to waste the die cut pieces so I created two more cards:


We also have a wonderful guest designer this week - Karren from Stamping Stuff has such a great style - I just love her clean designs!

So now it's your turn to take some Time Out and join us! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill



9 comments:

  1. These are fabulous cards and a great way to use the inspiration pic! That die is amazing (and might just have to go on my wishlist!) and I love those die-cut words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the TIME OUT card is an amazing card! What a job to get the shaker like that!
    Not that the other two aint beautiful.... :)
    Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill love all three cards, I just got this die and have still to use it. Never even thought of shaker card (aand I have those micro never used beads). Thanks for the inspiration and shared ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your original anal shaker design and how you creatively used your leftovers! TFS all 3 of your cards. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all amazing, wow! What a cool idea to make a shaker card with your die and those additional two cards are so hip and stylish too. Great job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all amazing. I have been admiring and coveting that die for some time now. Perhaps you have put me over the edge. Love that the first card is a shaker, and would not have known if you had not shown that other view. And, I am big on making additional cards with leftover pieces, so I really love your extra cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant! Love all of these wonderfully creative & beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So love this card! It reminds me of the 70s! I was a bit confused in the post...did you cut each square or was this a cover plate? Doesn't look familiar so I am thinking you designed it... it is so amazing. And the micro beads are brilliant! I just bought some of those and can't wait to try...
    Truly the card is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fantastic card, Jill ... that die is so cool! Love the way the microbeads sit in their shaker windows when the card is upright! Fabulous 'leftover' cards too ... crisp, graphic, gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete