Our challenge this week is a CASE challenge - and this weeek, we are CASE-ing the amazing Therese Calvrid - her designs are amazing and her colouring skills blow me away every time. You can find Therese at Lost In Paper and she also has a great YouTube channel. Here is the card that Therese is challenging us to CASE - along with a description about how she made it:
- A6 topfold landscape (finished size 10.5cm X 15cm)
- Cut another piece of cardstock to the same size and add wide watercolour stripes added withAltenew Peach Perfect (diluted with water and painted).
- Die cut a dot edge on the vellum with Paper Smooches – Dots & Dashes wise die. And adhere this on an angle and behind the top of the panel and fold over the front of the card. Cut off the excess edges on each side. (I added some tape behind where the flowers were going to be). Adhere this panel to card front with atg.
- White emboss the sentiment from Altenew’s Magnolias for Her.
- Stamp X 2 flowers and X 3 leaves from Altenews Beautiful Day (inks – MFT Hybrid Steel Gray / Sour Apple – Dye inks Limelight / Coral Crush / Peach Bellini) Die cut these and use double sided tape to add them to the card front. Pop up the top flower only with foam tape.
We also have a wonderful guest designer joining us this week - Brigit from Crafting While I Wait has shared her wonderful take on Therese's card - so make sure to check that out.
Here is my CASE of Therese's card:
I was really inspired by the watercolour stripes in the background and was very inspired to play around with those. I had an unopened set of shimmer watercolours that I picked up for a vary good price at Michael's a little while ago - so broke them out and started playing. I actually created about 4 shimmery and stripey backgrounds! I made this one into a card by die cutting the panel with a rectangle die, and adding some Lil Inker flowers that I had heat embossed with Liquid Platinum onto vellum and fussy cut. I used the same shimmer watercolour to colour in the Lil Inker "thanks" die cut which was stacked up for some dimension. A few sparkling clear sequins to add even more sparkle and shimmer to the card!
This week, our challenge is only one week long - so make sure you squeeze in a few minutes this long weekend to play along!
Thanks so much for stopping by!