Thursday 23 June 2016

TIME OUT #59 Reminder - Masculine Cards

We are now in the second week of our theme challenge at TIME OUT - focusing on those 'sometimes difficult' Masculine Cards.  In addition to making them masculine, we would also love to see some mixed media cards in the gallery so we are doing an optional twist of mixed media.

We have a great sponsor for this challenge:


Shery from Stamplorations has very generously agreed to provide the winner with a $15 gift voucher AND provide a random entry from the cards that feature the optional twist (mixed media) with a Artplorations stencil!!!

Patti from Stationery Styles Is our wonderful guest designer has some great inspiration to share :)

This week, I went with the mixed media twist - here is my card:




I have to admit that the inspiration for this card was heavily influenced by Debbie Hughes - and a card she made a while back where she thought this Crazy Cat looked a little tipsy - I loved that idea and played off it.

I started out by applying some embossing paste to the card front thorough the Artplorations Retro Circles stencils - I thought that it would reflect the head spinny feel of my tipsy Crazy Cat. I used the Crazy Cats stamps and dies as well as the Crazy Things stamp (for the hat) - and I coloured them with Copics. I added the die cuts with some foam squares to pop them up. The greeting is from the Avery Elle More Party Animals stamp set - how perfect is it for this image!!! I added the dashed lines to ground the image, and finally, I added some Studio Calico wood veneer stars around the cat's head and some Glossy Accents to his eyes to complete the tipsy look, I am really happy with how this turned out - and I may make a couple more like it because I can think of a few men in my life who would appreciate it :)

So make sure you take some TIME OUT to create and join us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill



3 comments:

  1. This is so much fun and the background perfect for your tipsy cat, you should be happy with this

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun card! The background looks so good! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Jill ... love how those background circles mimic the eyes on that tipsy cat ... it's so fun with the pile of empty milk bottles! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete