Thursday 16 August 2018

TIME OUT #116 - Be Bright

We have a really fun TIME OUT challenge this fortnight - we are challenging you to be bright:

Here is my take on bright:

I really wanted to use this light bulb stamp from SSS Watts Up? stamp set - so I stamped it repeatedly across a panel of watercolour paper in Versafine ink. I then coloured them using a variety of shimery water colours  - I love the subtle shimmer whn they hit the light. I trimmed the panel and mounted it on a black card base heat embossed with a sentiment from SSS Seeing Stars. A little strip of Tim Holtz silver glitter tape to finish off the card.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers - they are offering the winner a $20 gift voucher :)

Our guest designer for this challenge is Anila from Novel Ideas - she has some great designs so make sure to check out her blog.

So take some TIME OUT to be bright with us :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

8 comments:

  1. That shimmer does look good-how do you do that with watercolour? Plus I like the arty look to it, free and easy! I spotted that silver strip straight away-a perfect grounding to the base-super card as always x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun card! Love the colours and I know this will make someones day a better one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful card Jill. I loved the loose coloring around it. Bright indeed.
    Thank you for the mention. Means a lot❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the loose watercoloring on this! Great images too for this challenge. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love those brightly colored lights. And, the strip of silver glitter is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The loose, shimmery watercolouring on this rainbow of bright bulbs is gorgeous, Jill ... fabulous with that sparkly, glittery strip above the fun sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Jill. I had a problem with my post so it will appear on the reminder Challenge post, but once again, you and I had similar things in mind for our creations. That always gives me a big smile. I love the way you placed the bulbs. The watercolors over the edge of the images look wonderful. Bright lights and bright colors. I love it. Oh and that little glitter strip?? Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete