Thursday 17 January 2019

TIME OUT #127 - Inspired By Words

At TIME OUT this week, we are asking you to create a project inspired by these fabulous words:



So many ways to be inspired by these words - make sure to check out how the rest of the DT were inspired - some of them used products from our wonderful and generous sponsor, CAS-ual Friday Stamps who are offering the winner of the challenge a gift voucher.




My card wasn't inspired by any one of the words but by the meaning of the words - it made me think immediately of this new to me W Plus 9 sentiment stamp. I stamped a woodgrain pattern tone-on-tone on a piece of grey card stock before white heat embossing the sentiment.  I used some Technique Tuesday stamps to create the lemon background on the card base before popping up the sentiment panel with some fun foam. I spent quite some time playing around with sequins and other gems before eventually deciding to leave it as is.



Our guest designer this week is Claire from String Bows - check out her wonderful designs here.

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Jill



7 comments:

  1. Oh yes and don't forget that touch of martini to make my fav cocktail! That backgrond stamping is fab and I do love yellow and grey....I must check out this set of stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is perfect! Love how happy the colors are on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so freah and sunny! (good for a bit gray day like today here) And great to see that the words inspired you so different! Hoop you have a good weekend planned... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very funny. I'll be right over!! Love the sunny lemon background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this, Jill. What a wonderful idea it was to stamp the wood grain on the gray before adding that fabulous sentiment. I just LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tee hee ... what a fantastic take on the quote, Jill! The grey woodgrain makes for a great 'sign' with that brilliant sentiment ... and what a fabulous, zingy, zesty background! Just right without bling! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh I love that sentiment! Your card is so fun! Great color choices and I love the background!

    ReplyDelete