Thursday 31 January 2019

TIME OUT #128 - Photo Inspiration

This fortnight at TIME OUT, we have a really fun photo inspiration challenge (my favourite type of challenge!). Check out this pretty pictures :




Our generous sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations - they are generously offering the challenge winner a great prize




Here is how I was inspired:




Believe it or not, this is actually a one layer card. I was inspired by the all the envelopes in the background of the inspiration photo and decided to create an envelope background as well using the Simon Says Sending Happy Thougts stamp set. 

I started out by masking the Altenew Halftone Hello using a piece of masking paper die cut with the accompanying die. I then stamped and masked, and stamped some more envelopes all over the background. I removed all the envelope masks but left the hello mask in place before Coptic colouring everything ( I wanted to keep the white halo around the hello). I stamped the little hearts on the envelopes (also inspired by the picture) in the same red ink as the hello. Finally, I stamped the black banner in Versafine (it’s a pigment ink so it sits on top of all the stamping and colouring), and once the ink was dry, I white heat embossed the greeting on top.



Our wonderful guest designer for this challenge is Conil from WhichCraft - she is a regular player at Time Out - I always love to see her work and am thrilled to have her join as GD this week :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

11 comments:

  1. I adore this-what an amazing card-I thought that was dsp! My goodness,what skill is needed to make a card like this...how long did it take? So many techniques and so carefully done, it sure does amaze me-your talent is inspiring. Photo challenges are my fav too....love them and love to see what everyone picks out-my fav to comment on too! I am collecting photos for 2020 already so may be coming to you for your favs from the selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted after reading about how you did this fantastic card. Such a lot of work and masking, but the end product is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop by and tell you how fabulous this is! Then I read that is one layer too! Sensational job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stamping! And such a cheerfull card! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jill, what awesome masking and colouring ... there's so much dimension in this one layer design ... it's simply fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this card!! Your masking is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing masking work and OLC! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, this is incredible! Fantastic masking an coloting and just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so amazing this is a one layer -I would never have realized that without you mentioning it! Stunning masking and amazing coloring too. Love the combo of pink and brighter red. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING! The work involved in all that masking is just beyond what I can imagine! This sort of thing baffles me, but the result is so cool! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I'm with Joyce! I need a rest after thinking about this labor of love and how you made it. It is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete