Thursday 14 February 2019

TIME OUT #129 - Retro

Happy Valentine's Day!

We have a fun challenge for you at Time Out - retro themed projects!!!



Our sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs - the winner will receive their choice of three stencils from the store :)

Here is my "retro" card: 


I have to admit that I struggled a little bit to come up with an idea - and then I remembered my "For the Record" stamp set from Neat & Tangled, and I decided to make a record card.

I started out by using a circle die to inlay a blue circle in a black card panel (and also inlay a small silver circle in the centre of the blue circle. I then used a Simon Says circular sentiment to add the "Happy Birthday" to the blue circle. I white heat embossed the N&T sentiment across the panel - this was the most challenging part of the whole card since it involved some stamp surgery and careful lining up of the stamps. As a final step, I used the Memory Box radio wave (sadly, discontinued) to sponge on some clear embossing paste concentric circles onto the black part of the card to complete the "record" look.

I added another N&T sentiment to the inside of the card:


Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the very talented Esther from Shoregirl Creations - make sure you stop by her blog to see what she came up with.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jill

9 comments:

  1. Super how the record stands for the retro-theme!
    Although for some vinyl never was "out" and for some vinyl is "in" again :)
    Beautiful card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What an awesome take on the "retro" challenge this week! That is on cool card -- love the additional sentiment inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Jill, you have COMPLETELY outdone yourself!!! Holy smoke, this is FANTASTIC! I almost have no words... This is so incredibly clever. The grooves are really brilliant. I just LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card and wow does it really look like a record. That radio wave is such a cool idea (you should enter this into CASology-wave-a unqiue take-here is the link http://casology.blogspot.com/2019/02/week-331-wave.html
    I have this set but was not sure how to use it but you sure made it work so well.....seen how these are coming back in fashion now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--this is certainly brilliant. Such a fab idea, and wonderful execution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, Jill ... so cool and clever ... such great detailing and fabulous precision to get that record so perfect ... all the way down to the grooves! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be singing that song all day in my head! LOL! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill... this an absolutely fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this fun card!! The way you created the record is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete