Thursday 5 December 2019

TIME OUT #150 - Merry & Cheerful

We have a great seasonal challenge for you this week at TIME OUT - we are challenging you to create Merry & Cheerful projects.



Our generous sponsor for this challenge is Uniko who are offering the winner a free in-stock stamp of their choice :)





For my card, I used the Let It Snow stencil to create a resist background which I then inked in a few shade of blue. I die cut the background using a Your Next Stamp die. I heat embossed the Big & Bold Merry stamp in silver embossing powder on vellum and fussy cut it out. Both the panel and the greeting were adhered with foam tape for dimension and I added some sparkly gems to the centres of the snowflakes for a finishing touch.




While I was playing with the stencil, I also decided to create another background using DecoFoil paste and teal coloured foil. I sponged a few shades of distress ink and finished off with an Ellen Hutson die cut greeting cut from white glitter paper.



We are lucky to have Angie from Cimbacreativefun joining us as our Guest Designer this week so make sure you stop by her blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill






4 comments:

  1. stunning use of the stencil, love the mix of blues on the first card and the added gems-that large sentiment looks fab on the vellum-a real feel to Xmas here. Wow to card 2 also-the foiling trend has passed me by, so I have no idea how it is done, but it sure makes for a stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both cards are really beautiful! The snow with the blue colors is just gorgeous and I love the background on them. Adding the gems to the middle real made the first card pop! Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so deliciously frosty, Jill ... that first one has such great dimension ... and I love the sparkle in the sentiment on the second! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous cards, Jill. Such different looks with the same stencil. I always love that. Your fussy cutting on Merry is really fantastic! Love the foiling on card 2.

    ReplyDelete