Wednesday 25 December 2019

TIME OUT #151 - Inspired By Words

It is our last TIME OUT challenge of the year and we are asking you to be inspired by the following words:



Our sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations who are generously offering the winner of the challenge a $25 gift voucher to their store :)



I decided to focus on the encouragement feel of the quote to create an encouragement card. I started by sponging some distress inks onto the card panel before repeatedly stamping an older Stamplorations stamp (Subway Art Builder) across the background in Versamark ink. To make it a little bit more special, I brushed some Perfect Pearls on the wet Versamark ink to add some shimmer - I love the way it catches the light. I finished off the card by adhering the panel to a SSS Doll Pink card base and adding a stacked SSS "you" die cut paired with a white embossed sentiment on black card stock.



Our amazing guest designer for this challenge is Helen from Moments Of Crafting - we are thrilled to have her join us for this challenge :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. The Perfect Pearls give it such a beautiful little glimmer; like that! And love the colours! Hugs and Merry christmas, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card of encouragement, and such a great direction to go with your interpretation of the words. I love the rainbow sponging and the pearlescence is a wonderful touch. Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Versamark resist is still, after 25 years, my favourite technique and I love your added twist! The mica worked well. I actually thought you'd used Brilliance inks, which is the reason for my coming over to find out. They have a similar effect and work beautifully. I love this. Rainbow backgrounds are one of my favourite things and Words are definitely up there with the top three! Gorgeous card.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS
    I'm very sad that Time Out is closing. It's one of my favourite challenges, even though I haven't been as able to join in much recently (spine problems),so a big thank you from me for all the DT's hard work. I know how much commitment DTs take.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, It's not Time Out that's closing...it's Words 2 Live By. So sorry for my blunder :-(
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this great background stamp with it's wonderful sentiments and beautiful colours, Jill! The simple die sentiment is the perfect addition! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2020!!

    ReplyDelete