Wednesday 1 January 2020

TIME OUT #152 - Photo Inspiration


Our first TIME OUT challenge of the year is my favourite type of challenge- a photo inspiration :) Check Out this wonderful picture to see how you are inspired:




Our incredible sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs - I just love all her stencils and now she has added stamps to the collection so if you haven’t checked out her products,you should definitely take a look.




I was inspired by the vertical striped plate in the photo and Funky Fossil’s Four Hearts Stencil was perfect to recreate it on my card. I die cut a white rectangle panel and sponged some light red ink through the solid heart stencil. I then created my own red glitter paste using clear embossing paste and a lot of red glitter. I lined up the vertical striped heart stencil over the solid image and applied the paste.





I wanted to keep the focus on the big heart so I kept the rest of the card simple with a grey stamped Simon Says sentiment and a few small red hearts cut from some glitter card that I had in my stash. The panel was mounted on a grey card base. I created a matching red envelope with a white glitter embossing paste heart as well.

We can’t wait to see how you will be inspired by this challenge so take some TIME OUT to join us :)


Thanks so much for stoppihng by!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. Bold and deliciously shimmery, Jill ... the texture calls out to be touched! Happy 2020! Hugs, Anita :)

    Someone may have already mentioned it ... your TO tag isn't attached to your post! A:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was that striped plate for me to, Jill... I love the way you "glittered" it - that is so you! Love the red with gray too. Wonderful take on the challenge! Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful card! Love that haert and with the white background and gray cardbase it looks perfectly CAS! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, with that stunning and glittery heart. And, I love that you made a matching envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant, Jill! Thank you so much for the kind words and gorgeous showcase of this heart stencil. It is perfect for the inspiration photo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love your DIY glitter paste idea and the heart really pops from this clean layout. Very striking! Enjoy India! xxx

    ReplyDelete