Thursday 12 March 2020

TIME OUT #157 - Birthday Theme

I can't believe TIME OUT is celebrating 6 years! I have been with the team for five years now - and that time has just flown by! Our challenge this week is all about birthdays:







Our sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations, very appropriate since they have supported TIME OUT since the beginning :) Stamplorations is giving a $40 gift voucher to one of the random entries in this challenge who include die cutting or fussy cutting as part of their design.



For my card, I decided to do both die cutting and fussy cutting using the Bloomtangled #1 Cover Plate Die (side note - I just love the Bloomtangled series of stamps and dies). I die cut the panel twice from plain white cardstock and then carefully cutaway the top part of the design. I coloured one of the cut panels with Copics and then laid the second cut panel on top to create an inlaid die cut effect. I mounted the panel onto a kraft card base that I had already added gold foil pressed Birthday sentiment.




Our guest designer for this challenge is Christine from Experiments in Craft - make sure you check out her fabulous designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by and take some TIME OUT to celebrate with us!
Jill

5 comments:

  1. I would never of thought of using the cover plate like this-such a creative idea and then building it up like this with all these fresh colours and to then add to kraft-so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, this is fabulous. I love the technique and how you changed the diecut to get it. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fresh, vibrant and spring-like, Jill ... those colours really pop against the white die cut ... the touch of gold in the sentiment is lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the way you coloured all and the combination with the craft! Suxh a fresh card and perfect for a birthday! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous card! I love that floral image and all of the pretty colors you chose to color it!

    ReplyDelete