Thursday 26 March 2020

TIME OUT #158 Purple

We have a very special challenge this fortnight at TIME OUT, we are recognizing Epilepsy Awareness by asking you to create projects that feature the colour purple. You can read more about the significance of the colour purple on our main blog.





Our sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps- they are offering a $25 gift voucher to a random entry that includes a friendship theme (our optional twist for the challenge). 

For my card this week, I decided to go with a lot of purple. I used a purple card panel and used the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Peaceful Garden leaves to stamp across the bottom in various shades of purple. I stamped the last layer in white pigment ink and then brushed on some Perfect Pearls when the ink was stil wet to give it some shimmer.Unfortunately, the colours really faded 24 hours after I stamped them (I don't usually stamp on coloured card stock so this took me by surprise) so you can barely see the lightest layer of leaves now and it is overall a little bit more washed out than I was hoping for. Next time, I will definitely start with darker ink colours!



Our guest designer for this challenge is Kavya so make sure you stop by and check out her blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks great and a wonderful idea to stamp on coloured card with the same coloured ink. I love the lighter colour-it looks like a shadow and seems just right to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and lovely, Jill ... I see all the layers of leaves on my screen, behind those wonderfully shimmery ones ... they're all so dreamy (and not at all 'washed out'!). Gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Jill. I love the way the perfect pearls made the leaves shimmer, and I do love that purple base. It's not washed out. It's soft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful way to use the purple! Love the base-coulor and how you used the branches! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the end result is beautiful as it is, I love the soft look of the stamping! The shine from the perfect pearls must look amazing IRL. I hope you are well and safe, you've been in my thoughts, we haven't been in touch in a while! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful--love the design!

    ReplyDelete