Wednesday 24 March 2021

PB Social Butterfly

I decided to play along with a few challenges using one of my oldest stamp sets - Penny Black's Social Butterfly. This really is a gorgeous set with lots of butterflies but I decided to use only the triangular mosaic tile butterfly (which I don't think I have ever used before!) to create some different designs.

First up are the two different cards that I created for the Twofer Card Challenge (theme butterflies!): 



For the first card, I stamped the triangle across the lower half of panel and coloured them in rainbow order using Copics. I added a sentiment from Your Next Stamp and mounted the panel with foam tape. The butterflies are shimmery from Wink of Stella as well.


I will be entering this card into the Festive Friday Challenge as well (rainbow, blue, bright colours, butterflies).

For the next card, I stamped the triangle eight times in a square pattern and coloured them with Copics. The colour scheme was inspired by the Card Concept challenge this week. I have to admit that I really didn't like it very much when I was half way through the colouring but I persisted, added some white dots, and this card became my favourite of he three - and I have saved this colour scheme for future use :) I adhered the panel to a kraft card base and added a foiled Spellbinders sentiment with foam tape.


I will be entering this card into the Festive Friday Challenge (blue, bright colours, butterflies, square card) and the Card Concept (Clean and Graphic).

For the final card, I used only four triangles in a diamond shape - and I coloured only the butterflies so they would pop. I adhered this panel directly to the card base and then popped up a panel with a diamond aperture. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.


I will enter this card into Addicted to CAS (Shape - four triangles to make a diamond!)











Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill


3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Jill, a THREEfer of amazing designs! I love all three and have to say you rocked all the challenges! (And you forgot NBUS, which would also work because you are using this incredible stamp for the first time! Thank you in advance for linking there!) I think this butterfly stamp is beautifully drawn and I love all the way you made it come alive with your professional coloring and layouts! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #36! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the gallery, these look great... On your blog with larger photos, they look amazing! Each of them has a great design, and each is colored beautifully. You've got an impressive trio here, Jill. These are all quite lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful butterfly cards, Jill! I like the one you entered at Festive Friday Challenge the best too! I hope you keep coming back to Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete