Thursday 11 March 2021

TIME OUT #183 - Be Different

Our TIME OUT challenge this fortnight is going to get you out of your comfort zone - we want you to do something different.



Our sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs - they are offering a £15 gift voucher to their store :)




I have to admit that I had a hard time with this challenge - and, at first glance, it might not even look like I stepped outside my comfort zone - so here are the ways that this card is different for me:

  • It is coffee themed - I don't drink coffee - I just don't like the taste
  • I used 7 different patterned papers on this card - I love patterned paper but I am not goo about incorporating them into my cards - a definitely not this many!
  • I did a paper piecing technique - it has been a hot minute since I last did this technique...




I used two different stamp sets for this card - one from Simon Says Stamp and one from Your Next Stamp. A few of the paper pieced coffee cups were mounted with foam tape to add some dimension.

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Lisa from Paper Mountain Parcels - we are so happy to have her join us :)

So get ready to step outside your comfort zone and join us at TIME OUT!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jill


3 comments:

  1. you did a great job on this, love all the patterns, I am not a coffee drinker either

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card, and I love hearing your thought process that brought it to life. There is so much dimension here. I love the papers you chose. The cups lend themselves perfectly to paper piecing. A really terrific make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another non coffee drinking-what is coming to Time Out...maybe we should all stick to Gin! I love you went with this theme like Lisa-lets us know a little more about each other (actually I know another TO non coffee drinker...can you guess who??) Super paper piecing-I hate this, find it so hard to do but you did it with style! And love the angled look of the cups and that touch of silver and the striped black and white always works a treat x

    ReplyDelete