Thursday 22 October 2015

TIME OUT #42 - Reminder

Have you had time to play along with our current challenge at Time Out? You still have time to create something inspired by this very cool picture:

Spray paint dollar store glass candle sticks black and add pumpkins for Halloween decoration

This week, we also a new card by our wonderful guest designer, TaeEun is super creative and her blog Rainbow in November is full of inspirational creations - be sure to check it out!

Here is my card inspired by the photo:


I went a little bit more traditional this week with my colour choice...

I started out by die cutting the pumpkin (Lil Inkers) and I then embossed the tree background using a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder. I coloured the embossed trees with a black Wink of Stella pen - in real life they glitter! I made the shaker with some fun foam - backing it with some graphic orange patterned paper - and using some orange sequins for a sparkly touch. The greeting was white heat embossed on a strip of black cardstock that was wrapped around the whole card front. 

So now it's your turn to take some Time Out and make a card inspired by this fabulous photo!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could get a black WOS pen! Love the shaker orange background and what a cool font for the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful that background! Sad that we don't see the glitter but I think that is perfect to get more depth... The shaker-pumpkin is just perfect! Great orange background! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking design, Jill! love the embossed background and that you used orange for the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant pumpkin shaker, Jill ... love how it pops against those spooky, spiky trees! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I really love your colored and embossed trees--never thought to do that. Your pumpkin shaker is brilliant, and I love your bold embossed sentiment.

    ReplyDelete