Thursday 15 October 2015

TIME OUT #42

It's time for another fun challenge at Time Out - and this week, it's one of my favourites- A Home Sweet Home Photo Inspiration Challenge. This week's photo is awesome and really gets into the spirit of the season:

Spray paint dollar store glass candle sticks black and add pumpkins for Halloween decoration

This week, we also have a fabulous guest designer too: TaeEun is super creative and her blog Rainbow in November is full of gorgeous cards - be sure to check it out!

Here is my card:


I started out by partially stamping the Hero Arts background stamp in Versamark  in the centre of the card and heat embossing with clear powder. I then smooshed my three favourite Halloween colours into the heat embossed area - Twisted Citron, Dusty Concord, and Chipped Sapphire. The panel was die cut using an MFT die and mounted on a card base with a layer of black and white graphic patterned paper. I added a Lil Inker pumpkin die cut from metallic  paper, some black thread, clear sequins and a Clearly Besotted greeting to complete the card.

So now it's your turn to take some Time Out and make a card inspired by this fabulous photo!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. I love this design Jill and espsically that funky background. These are unusual Halloween colours but a refreshing change. I do admire how thread is used on cards and yet have expertly done this-it never works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun pumpking, and amazing background you created. I love all the colors, texture thread and even sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That metalic pumpkin is so original! Love the colours on the background (two of my favo colours...) and love the design. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Such pretty colors and design! Love that metallic pumpkin too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool and funky, Jill ... love that metallic pumpkin against those fab chevron colours! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a halloween card in happy colors! Love the colors you used for this gorgeous background and the silver pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete