Thursday 29 October 2015

Time Out #43 - Christmas


It's time for another challenge at Time Out - and this week we are getting into the holiday spirit with a Christmas theme. Our sponsor this week is Uniko Studios and they have generously agreed to give a prize to a random entry that uses pink and/or purple in their Christmas card. Their design team has also inspired us by sharing some of their cards on our blog so make sure you check them out!
Uniko


Our guest designer this week is Suchi and she has a wonderful blog called Suchi's Cardstock - she has wonderful creativity so please check out her work.

For my card this week, I decided to fully the pink theme and what better way to do that than pink flamingos! I picked up this wonderful stamp set from Newton's Nook on the weekend at the Create event and decided to ink it up for this challenge. Please forgive the lighting - the days are getting shorter which makes daylight photography almost impossible for me during the week:



Lots of Distress Inks were used for the background and the watercolouring - Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, and Evergreen Bough primarily - with a touch of Mustard Seed for the beaks. In my world, it wouldn't be a Christmas card without a little shimmer or glitter so I did both - Wink of Stella on the birds and silver glitter on the frame and sentiment strip. I usually like the velvety Glitter Ritz but I didn't have any silver so I went with the much more sparkly Martha Stewart glitter - it was fun but it my be a little bit too OTT (even for me!).

I will link up to a couple of places:

Thanks so much for visiting and make sure you take the Time Out to play along with us and get a head start on your holiday cards!

Jill



13 comments:

  1. the perfect stamp for this! Love the background and all that glitter-your photo looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill, the background is so gorgeous and I adore those flamingos! Beautiful card..and thanks for your kind words.. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute and adorable little flamingos Jill and beautifully coloured and decorated for Christmas. Loving all that sparkle too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flamingos are gorgeous and I love the soft colours, Jill - such a sweet Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun Christmas card--those flamingos are adorable and your inked background is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun, Jill ... your shimmery, shiny festive flamingoes are just gorgeous ... a delight! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Jill! super darlin card.... the glitter and watercolor background makes my heart skip a beat....luv! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog for world kindness day, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-best-day-ever.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally I like that silver only in my Christmastree, but you took it through the whole design and it "binds" the card so perfect together! And fun to see these sunny/baby colours on a X-mascard! A t5otally fun card from wich I am still smiling when typing this...
    Hope you had a fun weekend! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you found our stamps at the Create event! This card is so beautiful! I love the splattered ink background and the touches of silver sparkle! Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.
    - Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so cute Jill and I love the pink theme:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute image and unusual colour combo works well

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card Jill. Love flamingoes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic watercoloring~I love your whimsical creation!

    ReplyDelete